Paul Vaughn is a business technology consultant and writer and has consulted for businesses from manufacturers to retailers, non-profits to law firms, for more than 25 years. He has extensive experience working with data of all types and developing database-driven web sites.
Paul Vaughn’s Career Highlights
- 2016 – Present: Source Strategies, Inc. Senior Vice President with extensive knowledge of database management, industry analysis and methodology. Developed Source Strategies website.
- 2001 – 2016: Dingus Design. Owner. Work with a variety of clients including Source Strategies, LumiQuest (international marketing campaign in print and on the web), Digital Pro Lab (managed transition from Photo Express to Digital Pro Lab branding), Wilshire Homes, Fotoseptiembre USA international photography festival (created database-driven website), City of San Antonio Office of Cultural Affairs (launched city’s Fall Arts Festivals web site), Zeitgraph (launch of Steelhouse Lofts website) and many more. Provided business technology consulting and training.
- 2009 – 2016: Sanford-Brown College. Department Chair for the Technology programs including Visual Communications, Web Design & Development, Internet Marketing and Information Technology. Responsible for hiring and managing instructors, retaining and mentoring students, marketing programs, and teaching courses.
- 2008 – 2011: Southwest School of Art. Adjunct Technology Instructor.
- 2001 – 2009: San Antonio Express-News / MySanAntonio.com. Wrote weekly technology column for the Sunday Business section of the newspaper.
- 1993 – 2001: River City Silver – Photo & Digital Imaging. Director of Digital Services – Managed transition from traditional photographic workflow to digital workflow. Worked with clients including the San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau, The Adkins Agency, Anderson Advertising, Goodman Sign Art and the UT Health Science Center.
- 1988 – 1993: Quest Productions. Production Manager – Designed and produced corporate presentations with clients including Valero, USAA and Procermex.
- 1988: Texas State University, Bachelor of Fine Art in Graphic Communications
- 2010-2015: Center for Excellence in Education (CEE), Various courses on management, technology and training.
- Adobe Certified Expert, Dreamweaver and Contribute